Veronika Zonabend wikipedia, Wiki, Biography, Nationality
Veronika Zonabend wikipedia, Wiki, Biography, Nationality – Veronika Zonabend is a prominent figure known for her contributions to education, philanthropy, and entrepreneurship. She is the founding partner and Chair of the Board of Governors of UWC Dilijan College in Armenia, emphasizing her commitment to global education. Alongside her husband, Ruben Vardanyan, she founded the RVVZ Family Foundation and the IDeA Charitable Foundation, both dedicated to sustainable development projects in Russia and Armenia. Veronika also holds key positions on the Boards of Trustees at UWC International (UK) and the American University of Armenia. Her diverse career includes entrepreneurship in sectors like hospitality and film production, making her a multifaceted and impactful individual.
Veronika Zonabend: Philanthropist, Education Advocate, and Entrepreneur
Veronika Zonabend is a prominent figure known for her significant contributions to various fields, including education, philanthropy, and entrepreneurship. Her work has left a lasting impact in Armenia and beyond. Here is an overview of her achievements and activities:
Veronika Zonabend Education and Philanthropy
Veronika Zonabend serves as the founding partner and Chair of the Board of Governors of UWC Dilijan College in Armenia. Her dedication to global education is evident through her involvement in philanthropic initiatives. Alongside her husband, Ruben Vardanyan, she established the RVVZ Family Foundation and the IDeA Charitable Foundation, both of which focus on sustainable development projects in Russia and Armenia.
Ms. Zonabend also plays pivotal roles on the Boards of Trustees at UWC International (UK) and the American University of Armenia. She chairs the Board of Directors at the Teach For Armenia Educational Foundation, further emphasizing her commitment to educational advancement.
Veronika Zonabend Versatile Career
In the 2000s, Veronika Zonabend ventured into entrepreneurship, engaging in diverse sectors such as hospitality, film distribution, and production. Notably, she co-produced the film “Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky,” a production that garnered attention at the Cannes Festival in 2009. Her earlier career featured several years in the banking sector, where she rose to the position of Deputy Head of the Foreign Exchange Department at Tveruniversal Bank in 1993.
Veronika Zonabend Recognition and Awards
In 2014, Veronika Zonabend received the Order of Friendship from the President of the Republic of Armenia. This prestigious award recognized her exceptional contributions to educational development, international collaboration in science and education, and her significant efforts in establishing the international school in Dilijan and implementing academic programs.
Veronika Zonabend has also been in the news due to recent events involving her husband, Ruben Vardanyan. He was arrested by Azerbaijani authorities while attempting to leave an area that had been under Azerbaijani occupation. Veronika Zonabend has called for support and prayers for her husband’s safe release.
The situation has garnered attention in both Armenian and international media, and efforts are underway to address the issue and ensure the well-being of Ruben Vardanyan.
Veronika Zonabend’s multifaceted career and commitment to education and philanthropy continue to make a significant impact on the communities and causes she supports.
Who Is Ruben Vardanyan?
Ruben Vardanyan is a notable Armenian businessman, philanthropist, and public figure. He has been involved in various sectors, including finance, philanthropy, and education. Here’s an overview of his background and contributions:
- Business and Finance: Ruben Vardanyan has a background in finance and banking. He held the position of Deputy Head of the Foreign Exchange Department at Tveruniversal Bank in 1993. His experience in the financial sector provided him with valuable expertise that he later used in his philanthropic endeavors.
- Philanthropy: Alongside his wife, Veronika Zonabend, Ruben Vardanyan is known for his philanthropic efforts. Together, they founded the RVVZ Family Foundation and the IDeA Charitable Foundation. These organizations are dedicated to implementing sustainable development projects in Russia and Armenia, with a focus on education, healthcare, and community development.
- Education: Ruben Vardanyan is closely associated with the UWC Dilijan College in Armenia, where he serves as a co-founder and a member of the Board of Governors. UWC Dilijan College is part of the United World Colleges (UWC) movement, which aims to provide an international education to young people with a focus on promoting peace and sustainability.
- Recognition: Ruben Vardanyan’s contributions to philanthropy and education have been widely recognized. He has received awards and honors for his efforts to foster educational development and international collaboration.
- Recent Events: Ruben Vardanyan has been in the news due to his involvement in recent events in Armenia and the Nagorno-Karabakh region. His activities and challenges related to these events have garnered attention in the media.
Overall, Ruben Vardanyan is known for his significant contributions to philanthropy and education in Armenia and his involvement in various business and financial ventures earlier in his career.
Please note that the information provided is based on my knowledge as of September 2021, and there may have been developments or changes since then.