What happened with Wander Franco

What happened with Wander Franco

What happened with Wander Franco – Wander Franco, an All-Star shortstop for the Tampa Bay Rays, may have had contact with a minor, according to the attorney general’s office of the Dominican Republic on Monday.

DR authorities look into complaints MLB player Wander Franco was involved with a minor

The Rays had previously placed the 22-year-old on the restricted list, which will prevent Franco from playing for at least six games while MLB investigates social media posts concerning the player.

In reaction to social media claims that purportedly implied Franco was dating a minor, investigations are being carried out. The Associated Press was unable to independently verify the alleged posts. In response to a query concerning Franco’s alleged relationship with the youngster, the attorney general’s media office in the Dominican Republic released a statement that read, “There are investigations regarding that matter.” At first, it wasn’t obvious if Franco had retained a lawyer who could defend him.

Franco and the Rays “mutually agreed” that he would be put on the restricted list, according to the Rays, but they did not elaborate on what was said in the social media posts. Franco will continue to receive compensation even if he is on the restricted list.

Franco missed the Rays’ flight to San Francisco to begin their six-game road trip against the Giants on Monday night, as well as Sunday’s home series finale versus Cleveland at Tropicana Field.

In accordance with a team release, Wander Franco and the Tampa Bay Rays “have mutually agreed that he will go on the Restricted List and take leave from the club for the duration of the current road trip.”

Franco sat on the bench in the Rays’ dugout for a while during the contest on Sunday. He left the game in the fifth inning after the Guardians defeated them 9-2, and he wasn’t in the clubhouse.

The next day, manager Kevin Cash chose not to go into much detail but insisted that his club will be able to focus on baseball.

What exactly happened to Wander Franco?

Cash said of the team, “It’s a good group with a good balance of young players who bring a lot of energy and we’ve got some veterans who really did a nice job over the course of the season withstanding a long season and the stuff that goes into a five-month season.” I have confidence in that. Let’s see if we can continue playing the great baseball we have been.

Cash was asked whether there were any additional issues that Franco’s absence from the game on Sunday generated. Cash gave his reply, “No.”

After Sunday’s game, Rays manager Kevin Cash said, “I’m aware of the speculation, and I’m not going to comment any further on that.” Due to the fact that it was a holiday, “Franco did not play.”

Franco was benched for two games in late June as a result of his conduct under pressure and, in Cash’s words at the time, “not always being the best teammate.”

The thrifty Rays inked Franco to an 11-year, $182 million deal in November 2021. A team option for 2033 that could be worth $223 million was also included in the pact.

Also, Read

Leave a Comment